Sunday, January 5, 2020

Hey, Day Challenge Week I Round Up

     One week of the Hey, Day Challenge down, only 51 more to go (assuming I can stay on top of things).  In this video series, I challenge myself to try out activities relating to various pages from the book Hey, Day! by Clea Hantman and Keva Marie, a day book filled with things to "do, make, and ponder."  I'm not covering every page in the book, but rather about 10 per month.
     If you've been meaning to follow my Hey, Day Challenge video series, but haven't had a chance to, here's a round up of all the videos that aired between December 29th and January 4th.  I've included a brief description of each video so you can determine whether the videos sound like they're up your alley.

Introduction and Future Files Part I


     This video, which aired on January 2nd, provides an overview of the Hey, Day Challenge and also introduces one of the recurring projects in the book Hey, Day!  The Future Files are a way the authors are trying to get people thinking about what they would like to do in the future.  This month's edition of the Future Files called for participants to clip out fashion, beauty, and hair styling inspiration.  Later Future Files (not mentioned in this video, but will be handled in their respective months) include career ideas, travel plans, and places to live, among other things.

Writing an Ode in Five Minutes (Brian Picks My Topic)


     The January 3rd page in the book Hey, Day! calls on readers to write an ode.  To make it into a challenge, I asked Brian to give me a prompt and then allowed myself only five minutes to compose the ode.  In this video I also read one of my high school odes and go on a tangent about the cell phones I've had.

Communicating with My Plants?!?


     This video, which aired on January 4th, is probably the silliest of the bunch.  The book contains a spell you can cast to communicate with your pet.  However, since I don't have a pet, I decided to modify it to try to communicate with one of my spider plants, Spidey.

     Unfortunately, aside from a little collaging in the first video, none of this week's videos called for much crafting.  However, we'll be getting to crafting before the end of the month, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment