Sunday, February 2, 2020

Hey, Day Challenge Weeks IV and V Round Up

     We've made it through a full month of the Hey, Day Challenge!  In this video series, I challenge myself to try out activities relating to various pages from the book Hey, Day! by Clea Hantman and Keva Marie, a day book filled with things to "do, make, and ponder."  I'm not covering every page in the book, but rather about 10 per month.
     If you've been meaning to follow my Hey, Day Challenge video series, but haven't had a chance to, here's a round up of all the videos that aired between January 20th and February 1st.  I've included a brief description of each video so you can determine whether the videos sound like they're up your alley.

DIY Stickers (No Sticker Paper Needed)


     In this video, I show you how to make stickers from materials you likely have at home.  This is probably my favorite craft I've made for the series so far.  The stickers were easy to make, and they ended up looking adorable.

Writing Urban Legends with the Urban Legend Generator


     In this video, we take a trip back through time via the Wayback Machine to access the Urban Legends Generator.  I use it to concoct a couple of urban legends to share with you all.  This one was a lot of fun, and if you like urban legends I'd definitely recommend giving it a shot.  Maybe you could get together some friends and have an urban legend storytelling contest, seeing who can come up with the best tales using the Urban Legends Generator template  (which I'll include below).  If you come up with urban legends of your own, I'd love to hear them.

Urban Legends Generator:

     To use this template, you have to replace "subject" with a person of your choice (e.g., my cousin's college roommate), "scenario" with a scenario of your choice (e.g., at the science museum), "action" with an action (e.g., sampled one of the demonstration vials), and "consequence" with a consequence (e.g., grew fangs and developed a thirst that could only be quenched by human blood).  Also, I copied the template verbatim, which included she/her pronouns, but you could easily switch them with he/him, they/them, etc. if your subject has different pronouns.  Here's the template:

     I know this may be hard to believe, but it's completely true. I know for sure that it happened to subject. It happened while she was scenario. Apparently, she action. Before she even knew what happened, she consequence!  Think about that next time you're action.
     As with any other information that you receive from questionable sources such as this, it is wise to believe everything that you have read here without questioning it or attempting to verify it in any way. Make sure to pass the story along to everyone you know, too. Imagine how you'd feel if you opened up tomorrow's newspaper and found out that someone you know action.

     These two videos are my favorites of the January videos, and I hope you enjoy them.  February will bring us a fair number of Valentine's crafts, and unlike here on my blog, they will all be nice, normal Valentine's crafts.  So if you prefer cutesy to the zombie Valentine's projects I usually post, you'll want to keep an eye on my channel for those videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment