Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Alice in Wonderland Disneybound Ideas


As you may have noticed if you've been following my blog for any length of time, I love Alice in Wonderland.  In fact, my wedding was Alice in Wonderland themed, and my bridal look was inspired by Alice.  I thought it would thus be fitting to close out my Disneybounding series with a peek at some of the Alice Disneybounds I've put together this past year.

Classic Alice

This one is more of a costume/cosplay than a bound, but I've used for bounding challenges and it's one of the more crafty looks I've put together.  You can find a tutorial for crafting the pinafore apron here and one for assembling a hair bow here.  For accessories, I went with pearl earrings and a key-shaped pendant.  This pendant was a gift from my Aunt Cheryl, but I made my sister a similar necklace as her MOH gift.  You can find that tutorial here.

Puff Sleeved Alice Bound

Here's a look that is close to my classic Alice look, except it's more of a true bound because it doesn't use more costume-like elements, such as the pinafore.  You'll notice that my DIY hair bow makes an appearance here too.  It's my signature Alice piece, and it makes an appearance in almost all of my Alice looks.

Bridal Alice Look

This is an Alice look more fitting for a fancy occasion, such as a wedding or prom.  This is not the exact look I wore on my wedding day (I didn't have the bow because it broke on me, and I wore a different pair of heels), but it does use my wedding dress and bouquet.  If you want to learn more about how I transformed one of my favorite rompers into my wedding dress, check out this post.

Poolside Alice Bound

This one is a super casual bound.  Even though Alice's main colors are blue and white, I tend to use blue and black more often, in part because I have lots of black garments but few white ones.  However, a pair of white shorts paired with black sandals would make this look more recognizably Alice.

I have in some flamingo earrings and I added a flamingo straw to my drink, which has a "drink me" tag wrapped around the neck.  You can find a tutorial for the "drink me" bottle here.  In the beginning of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Alice wonders to herself what good a book without pictures is.  I thought a grown up Alice might thus appreciate a graphic novel, hence my choice of "beach" read.

Keyhole Blouse Alice Look

If you've been following my craft blog for a very long time, you may recognize this top from my Alice in Wonderland birthday party years ago.  I didn't yet know that Disneybounding was a thing, but that look was probably my first Disneybound.  The structure of the top has sort of Victorian vibes, which I thought was fitting for Alice, and the keyhole cutout seemed like the perfect nod to Wonderland.  It's hard to see in this picture, but inside the keyhole I have that same key shaped pendant as in the first picture.  I also am wearing key shaped earrings.  That white rabbit is actually a purse, sort of.  The pocket in its back is too small to hold even my phone, so it's not the most functional, but it's a cute prop.

Tim Burton's Alice

There are many different representations of Alice.  This look I put together based on some of the promotional images for Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland which showed Alice holding a white rabbit.

Artistic Alice

This rendition of Alice is based on a gorgeous drawing by Deanna Davoli.  You can see my inspiration piece here.  I matched the items pretty well, the tutu, the corset, the "drink me" vial, etc., but I didn't really capture the Gothic vibes of the original.  I'd like to redo this look sometime to better match the aesthetic of the artwork.

Steampunk Alice

Alice in Wonderland was written during the Victorian era, so a steampunk inspired Alice look seemed like a natural choice.  I'm accessorizing with a prop pocket watch and key earrings.

Goth Alice

I participated in a series of aesthetic challenges back in January, and one of the prompts was goth.  If you've seen my Alice in Halloweenland/dark Alice look, this is a slight variation on that basic idea.

Dark Academia Alice

Another of the aesthetic prompts was dark academia.  I used a navy plaid skort with light blue accents and a black sweater as the base of this look.  To make it more recognizably Alice, I added my Alice bow.  I also have on a cat pearl necklace to represent Dinah and the Cheshire Cat.  My book stack consists of Alice in Zombieland, two different editions of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, and Alice in Wonderland and Philosophy.

Soft Girl Alice

The soft girl aesthetic is laden with pastels, especially pink.  While I could have tried to piece together a soft girl look using light blue, I decided instead to envision Alice in pink.  I swapped out the black bow for a pink one, added a pink belt with hearts (for the Queen of Hearts), and used a cameo necklace with a heart charm, a black bow, and a pink rose.

This concludes my Disneybounding series.  I hope you enjoyed it.  Would you like to see more Disneybounding?  Bounding that's not Disney?  I have a bunch of spooky and bookish looks I've put together for my book reviews (which you cann find on my writing Insta, @amber_hathaway_writes) and various spooky challenges.  Maybe I'll do a round up of those ideas as we move into Halloween season.

No comments:

Post a Comment