Thursday, May 20, 2021

Cherry Headband for Lilo and Stitch Chocolate Cake Disneybound

Disneybounding is not limited to Disney characters.  It extends to all things Disney (as well as Disney-owned franchises such as Star Wars and MCU).  In one of my favorite Disney movies, Lilo and Stitch, Lilo gives Stitch chocolate cake to try to reduce his "badness level."  The cake in question has white frosting and cherries on top.  While you could create a Disneybound by simply using items in red, brown, and white, I wanted to go a bit more whimsical and literal, and I thought a cherry headband would be perfect.

This hair accessory could also be great for a Halloween costume.  There are plenty of sweet treat looks that would go well with a cherry on top.

Materials:

*White oven bake clay
*Rose-shaped silicone mold
*Artificial cherries
*Headband that matches your hair color or cake theme
*Glue

Directions:

*Place the clay into the rose mold and create five rose shapes.  Press a cherry into each one to create an indentation.  These are going to be dollops of decorative icing.

*Remove the cherries from the clay and bake the clay in accordance with the directions on the packaging.  Remove from the oven and let cool.

*Once cool, glue the cherries into the center of the clay rose shapes.  Let dry.

*Once dry, glue to the headband.  I ended up only using five of these on the headband.

Lilo and Stitch Chocolate Cake Disneybound

Here are a couple of pictures of the completed look.  I don't look exactly like a cake, but I think this look still has strong cake vibes.

To complete the look, I added a brown dress, a white belt, and white heels.  The brown is supposed to represent the chocolate, although unfortunately I didn't have any clothes that were the right shade of brown for that.  The white belt is the icing through the middle of the cake.  I didn't have brown shoes in the right shade, so I went with white shoes instead.

Have you been enjoying this series?  I'm curious to know what you think.  Tune in next week for the final post in our Disneybounding series.

No comments:

Post a Comment