Thursday, May 13, 2021

Disney Princesses: Belle and Rapunzel


In today's installment of the Disneybounding series, I'll be showing you a couple of Disneybounding ideas for Belle and Rapunzel.  I'll also be linking to some crafts I've made on this blog that could help pull these looks together.  If you've seen my Halloween Costumes from My Closet post, then you've seen the Belle ideas before, but I thought they would fit nicely in this series as well.

Belle's Blue and White Outfit

This is one of Belle's more iconic outfits, second only to her yellow ball gown in terms of popularity.  It's also my personal favorite.  In the film, she is wearing a blue dress with a white blouse underneath.  I used a blue romper and white top as the base of this outfit.

Belle is well-known for her love of reading, so I had to add some bookish accessories.  You can't see my pendant well in this picture, but I'm wearing a book pendant with a little red rose on the cover (another nod to Belle).  Check out this post to find out how to make a book pendant of your own.

I also added a book bag which I painted the cover of.  I don't have a tutorial for that one, since it was a bit of a disaster (I used leather paint on faux leather, which is not as breathable, so the paint is still a little tacky), but hey, it looks nice.

Belle's Yellow Ballgown

One key element of Disneybounding is wearability.  I used a yellow romper as a stand-in for Belle's yellow ballgown.  Not as fancy, but far more convenient for my day-to-day activities.  I paired it with the same book pendant and some artificial roses I had on hand.

Rapunzel Look 1

Rapunzel really has one signature look, namely her purple dress.  I used a lavender romper as the base of this look, but to make it a little fancier, I added the overskirt that I made for my Gastly Pokemonbound over top (You can find that tutorial here).  The gold belt is mostly just there to hide the black elastic on the overskirt.

For accessories, I had this funky brooch that looked a bit like the sun symbol from Rapunzel.  I attached it to a necklace to make it into a pendant temporarily.  I also added a flower crown for the flowers that Rapunzel has in her hair.

Rapunzel Look 2

Here's a second take I did on Rapunzel's purple dress.  As you can see, I used a lot of the same elements, like the flower crown and the sun pendant.  Instead of the lavender romper, I opted for a light purple skirt and corset.  I have done a flower crown tutorial on here before, if you're interested in making one of your own, but honestly, they're so cheap online that it's probably not cost effective to make one unless you have a large store of artificial flowers on hand.

And that's a wrap for this week.  Stay tuned for more Disneybounding posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment