Thursday, November 26, 2020

DIY Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake Dress

 

I love Christmas Tree Cakes.  They're a tradition in my family.  When I was a kid, my dad would buy a box or two at Christmas time for us to enjoy, and now as an adult, Brian and I make sure to snag some every year.  If I had to pick one flavor to represent Christmas, it would be Christmas Tree Cakes.

If you followed my craft blog last year, you may recall that I posted several Little Debbie snack cake themed crafts: this Christmas Tree Cake ornament, this Swiss Roll ornament, this Christmas Tree Cake throw pillow, and this gingerbread ornament.  I adore how most of those came out, but I still needed more Christmas Tree Cake fun in my life, so I figured, why not become a Christmas Tree Cake?

Materials:

*A white dress or romper that does not stretch (this is important!)
*Red ribbon
*Red thread
*Green thread
*Sewing needle
*Green rectangular rhinestones

Directions:

*Pick up a white dress or romper that does not stretch.  This is important.  I did not do this, and because the ribbon I used doesn't stretch, this means that it bunches awkwardly when I move certain ways.

*Using red thread, sew ribbons on the dress in diagonal stripes.

*Using green thread, sew on randomly placed rhinestones to look like sprinkles.  You'll notice that I didn't sew rhinestones onto the bottom part of the skirt.  That's partly because I was running out of rhinestones (okay, mostly because I was running out of rhinestones).  But also, if I do end up adding more rhinestones, I plan to glue them on instead of sewing them so that I won't have to worry about the thread showing through.

I'm not sure yet if I'm going to do all snack cake crafts again this holiday season, or if I'll try a few different things.  What kind of snack cake crafts would you like to see?  What other sort of holiday crafts would you like to see?  Let me know in the comments, or tag me on social media with your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment