Wednesday, December 2, 2020

DIY Little Debbie Christmas Tree Cake Throw Pillow: Another Technique

Have you ever wanted a Christmas Tree Cake that you could hug?  Just me?  Anyway, I know last year I showed you how to make a Christmas Tree Cake throw pillow.  However, while the one I made last year turned out fine, I didn't love it.  I wanted one that looked more like the Christmas Tree Cake ornament I made, so I bought a large sheet of white felt and some green rhinestones I could use for sprinkles, and decided to give it a shot.

Two Christmas Tree Cakes :)

Materials:

*Large sheet of white felt
*9"x12" sheet of red felt
*Green rectangular or square rhinestones
*White thread
*Red thread
*Green thread
*Sewing needle
*Pillow stuffing

Directions:

*Print out and assemble the Christmas Tree Cake template from this post.

*Cut out two copies of the large tree shape from white felt.

*Cut out the stripes from red felt.

*Sew the stripes onto one of the white Christmas tree shapes using red thread.

*Sew on green rhinestones with green thread to make the "sprinkles."

*Cut off a strip of white felt about 2" wide and 30" long.

*Sew this strip to one of the tree shapes.  Basically, this strip is going to be what makes your pillow three-dimensional.  Align it so that it sits along the edge of the tree shape perpendicular to the shape, so that the strip and the tree form a right angle.  Sew it along the edge using a blanket stitch.

*Once you've sewn it all the way around the edge, snip off any excess part of the strip and sew the two ends together.

*Sew the other piece of the tree on by placing it so that it is perpendicular to the strip and using a blanket stitch.  Leave an opening for stuffing.

*Stuff and sew closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment