Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Gastly Pokemon Plushie

 


Love Pokemon?  Or perhaps you're looking for handmade gift ideas for the Pokemon fans in your life.  Either way, Pokemon plushies are an adorable option that many Pokemon fans, perhaps even you, would love.  Today I'll be showing you how to make the ghost type Pokemon Gastly, but if Gastly isn't your favorite, then I have tutorials for Zubat, Snorlax, Meowth, and Magikarp.  Plus, stay tuned for two more Pokemon plushie tutorials coming later this month.  Also, if you love Gastly, be sure to check out the Gastly inspired look I made this summer.

Materials:

*Purple felt

*Black felt

*White felt

*Red felt

*Pillow stuffing

*Red, black, and white thread

*Purple tulle (optional)

Directions:

*I unfortunately didn't make a template for this one; I just kind of eyeballed the pieces.  I have a tutorial on making your own Pokemon plushie template here, though, so if you don't want to wing it, you can follow these steps to make your own template.  You'll want to cut out two large circles from black felt, four eye shapes (two front and two back) from white felt, two pupils from black felt, a mouth from red felt, two little fangs from white felt, and a gas cloud shape from purple felt, and also from the purple tulle if you're using tulle.


*Begin by sewing the pupils to the eyes with black thread.


*Next, it's time to construct the eyes.  Place two eye pieces wrong sides together and sew along the edge using white thread and a blanket stitch.  Leave an opening for stuffing.

*Stuff and sew closed.

*Repeat the process to make the second eye.


*Next, it's time to work on the mouth.  Sew the fangs to the mouth using white thread, and then sew the mouth to the body using red thread.


*Sew one of the black circles (the one without the face) to the gas cloud shape using a running stitch.


*Start sewing the circle with the face over top the plain circle, also using a running stitch.  Leave an opening for stuffing.


*Stuff and sew closed.


*Lastly, it's time to sew on eyes.  I don't really have a good explanation for what I did here.  I just brought the needle through the bottom layer of the eye felt and the top layer of Gastly's felt a bunch of times, until the eyes seemed like they were on securely.

If you love Pokemon and plushies, stay tuned, because I have two more Pokemon plushie tutorials I'll be releasing later this month.  Since I'm going to be posting a bunch of Pokemon plushie tutorials this month, I'm considering waiting until December to do my next Pokemonbounding video.  If you have any Pokemon you'd like to see as either bounds/costumes or as plushies, let me know.  I'm thinking potentially an ice type for December, but I don't have a specific Pokemon in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment