Thursday, July 9, 2020

DIY Faux Flower Bouquet


     Wedding flowers can be expensive.  However, if you're able to go the DIY route and buy your artificial flowers at the right time (Joann was having a buy one, get two free deal when I bought my wedding flowers), you can save a ton of money.  The other upside to using artificial flowers is you can preserve your bouquet, and while some people may say they don't look as nice as the real deal, I think they're still pretty and most people aren't going to be close enough to your bouquet to notice.
     I didn't have all the proper supplies for bouquet making (i.e., I didn't have floral tape), but I threw together a couple of bouquets for me and my MOH, and I think they came out pretty well.  Here's how I made my bouquet.  If you're looking for a different vibe than the one I ended up with, replace the flower selection I used with flowers of your choice.


Me with my bouquet on my wedding day.


Me and Katie with our bouquets.

Materials:

*3 bundles of artificial red roses (I think each bundle had about six flowers)
*3 bundles of artificial baby's breath
*Green duct tape (or floral tape)
*Wire cutters
*Ribbon
*All purpose adhesive

Directions:

*Bundle together the roses with some green duct tape.


*Cut apart the baby's breath branches using wire cutters.


*Add baby's breath at even intervals around the bouquet and secure using duct tape.


*Cut off more baby's breath pieces and continue placing around the bouquet and securing with duct tape.  Repeat until your bouquet is as full as you would like it to be.


*Wrap ribbon around the bouquet to cover the duct tape.  Secure the ends of the ribbon with some glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment