Thursday, March 26, 2020

Springy Sunflower Nail Art


     Welcome spring with these bright, sunny nails.  Sunflowers are probably my second favorite flowers, my first being red roses.  These sunny flowers put a smile on my face when I see them, so I decided to add them to my nails.

Materials:

*Sky blue nail polish
*Clear base/top coat
*Yellow acrylic paint
*Brown acrylic paint
*Black acrylic paint
*Ultra fine nail art brush
*Various sizes of dotting tools, ranging from large to very small

Directions:

*Apply clear base coat to nails.  Let dry.

*Apply light blue polish to nails.  Let dry.


*Paint on yellow flower shapes using yellow paint.  To make the flower shape, I began by painting a plus sign on the nail.  I then painted an "x" through the plus sign to make something resembling an asterisk.  I then painted on a line between each of the lines already on my nail.  I've tried to illustrate the process with the image below, with the index finger showing the plus sign stage, the middle finger the plus sign with the x through it, and the ring finger showing the completed flower shape.  Let dry.


*Dip a large dotting tool in brown paint and add brown centers to each of the flower shapes.


*Mix together black and brown paint and use a medium sized dotting tool to add a bit of this color to the center of each flower.


*Mix yellow and brown acrylic paints together to create a light brown paint.  Using a very small dotting tool, add dots around the brown ring of the sunflower.


*Seal with a clear top coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment