Sunday, March 29, 2020

Hey Day Challenge Round Up: It's Been a Month

     Hey everyone, so it's been a little while since my last Hey, Day round up.  A lot has been going on for me personally, as well as in the world at large, so I've been a little behind on this.  However, here are all the videos I've released since my last round up video.  If you're looking for mindless entertainment, perhaps this is for you.

DIY Quote Jar


     You may have seen my craft blog post on making a quote jar.  Here's a video adaptation, complete with some of Brian's best absurd quotes.  This video was released on February 17th.

DIY Glittery Photo Frame


     This is a fast and easy way to spruce up a photo frame.  The video launched on February 20th.

DIY Pink and Orange Party Hat


     Make your own fun party hat in this tutorial.  This video premiered on February 25th, in honor of my sister Katie's birthday.

DIY Club/Membership Cards


     In this video, I show you an old club card that I made when I was in middle school.  I also show you how I designed a club card in Microsoft Publisher.  This video launched on March 2nd.

Turning Myself into a Paper Doll


     You may already have seen this video and its follow up in a post on my craft blog.  If not, here's your chance.  The video premiered on March 3rd.

DIY Period Products Case


     In this video, I show you how to make a period products case.  This could be a great gift, particularly for a kid in your life who has just had their first period, or may soon get their first period.  This video went live on March 8th.

Future Files Part III: Coolest Jobs


     In this video, I tell you about what I want to do when I grow up.  This video launched on March 15th.

Sloppy Joes with Tater Tots?!?


     Sloppy tots are actually really tasty.  I would definitely recommend checking out this video recipe if you like both sloppy joes and tater tots.  The video went up on March 19th.

Spring Cleaning and Sticker Organizer


     In this video, I do some spring cleaning and show you how to make a sticker organizer.  I filmed this video well before UMaine switched to remote instruction, so sadly now that I'm no longer seeing my students in person, my sticker organizer isn't getting much use.  It was super helpful for a few weeks, though.  The video premiered on March 20th.

DIY Trophies with Plastic Animals


     If you've been following my blog for a while, you've probably seen some of my Halloween trophy written tutorials.  This video tutorial shows the basic process of making trophies (although without the costuming that I usually do for the Halloween trophies).  The video debuted on March 25th.

DIY Mobile of Humiliation


     This is exactly what the title suggests, a mobile of bad pictures.  Not my favorite video to make or watch.  It went up on March 27th.

Happy Day aka Neon Yellow Day


     In this video, I tell you about an old holiday I made up when I was a teenager, Neon Yellow Day, and do some activities that make me happy, namely making an ice cream float and crafting.  It premiered today.

     So those are all of the videos that went up over the past month and then some.  I have filmed some of April's videos, but not all.  Will I finish them?  I don't know.  The past month, I haven't really felt like filming.  (I was coming off a bad cold for the early part of the month, which is what initially delayed my filming.)  Plus, now that I'm teaching remotely, I'm making videos of my Zoom lectures, which takes more than twice the effort of just teaching, but is essential for students who can no longer tune in at the usual time.  I'm also trying to finish my dissertation and I have no idea what's happening with the wedding.  There's a lot going on for me right now, and it's a little overwhelming.
     That's not to say that I definitely won't make more videos.  If you do enjoy them, then let me know and I'll take that into consideration.  This craft blog, and by extension my YouTube channel, are a labor of love.  My goal with both of these platforms is to provide inspiration and entertainment for you.  My craft blog posts tend to get more traffic than the videos, so it seems probably more people are enjoying the blog content.  But if the videos are something you really do like, please weigh in.  Even if my audience is small, if I'm keeping you entertained, then I'll do what I can to continue that.  I may just scale down the number of videos I'm posting, or take a brief hiatus.
      Stay safe, everyone.  I'm wishing you all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment