Thursday, December 19, 2019

DIY Christmas Tree Cake Throw Pillow


     This Christmas season, I let my love of snack cakes inspire my decor.  If you're a fellow snack cake fan and you haven't seen my previous posts in this series yet, be sure to check out my Christmas Tree Cake ornament and my Swiss Roll ornament tutorials.  Plus, stay tuned for one final snack cake themed craft next week!


For size comparison, here's me with my Christmas Tree Cake throw pillow, my Christmas Tree Cake ornament, and a real Christmas Tree Cake.

Materials:

*White flannel
*Red felt
*Green felt
*White thread
*Red thread
*Green thread
*Stuffing
*Metallic marker
*Scissors
*Tape

Directions:

*Print out the templates below, each one on an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of paper.





*Cut out the four tree pieces and tape together to form a tree shape.

*Cut out two copies of the tree shape from white flannel and one copy of each stripe from red felt.

*Sew the stripes to one of the tree shapes with red thread.  Use the template as a placement guide.

*Cut out small rectangles from green felt to form the sugar crystals.  Sew on felt rectangles with green thread.

*Place the two tree pieces right sides together and sew around the edge using a blanket stitch and white thread.  Leave an opening at the bottom for stuffing.

*Add stuffing and sew closed using a ladder stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment