Thursday, June 27, 2019

Horror Pocket Pals Elm Street Sign and Play Set Box


     Hey everyone, I hope you've been enjoying my Horror Pocket Pals series.  This portion of the project was a fairly big undertaking for me.  I've never really focused on honing my drawing skills, but when I decided that I wanted an image of the nightmare house as part of the play set, I thought that drawing it was probably the best option.  That way it would be something that was uniquely mine.  It took a fair amount of time and effort, and it's far from perfect, but I'm pretty pleased with the results.  I opted to draw the house as it's depicted in the original movie, so that's why the door is blue instead of red.  I've included a scan of the uncolored sketch as well as the colored final project so that if you want to modify it a bit for your project, you can.  If you haven't already seen my Nightmare on Elm Street plushies, you'll find Freddy here and Nancy here.
     This post will probably be the last one in my Horror Pocket Pals series for at least a little while, but don't worry.  I have plenty more spooky treats I'm planning :).

Elm Street Sign

Materials:

*Green felt
*Wooden skewer or thin dowel
*Gray paint
*White embroidery floss or thread
*Sewing needle
*Scissors
*All purpose adhesive

Directions:

*Cut out two identical small rectangles from green felt.

*Embroider the words "Elm St." on both rectangles, as well as a white border around the rectangles.

*Cut the dowel to size, if necessary, and paint gray.  Let dry.

*Once dry, glue the embroidered felt rectangles to the top of the sign.

Play Set Box

To construct the box, you'll want to follow the directions given in the Michael Myers plushie box tutorial, with some modifications to accommodate two plushies and the Elm Street sign.  Instead of a poster, however, you'll want to include an image of 1428 Elm, given below:


No comments:

Post a Comment