Friday, May 31, 2019

Horror Pocket Pals: A Nightmare on Elm Street Nancy Thompson Plushie


     Nancy Thompson from A Nightmare on Elm Street is one of my favorite protagonists, so naturally I had to make a plushie of her.  I chose Nancy's look from her final showdown with Freddy, the scene in which she vanquishes him - at least temporarily.  In that scene she's wearing pajamas with floral embroidery.  I couldn't replicate the actual embroidery on her pajamas, so I decided to go with some fairly simplistic flowers to give a similar vibe.  I also included the bandage she had been wearing since she burned herself in her dream.  You'll notice I have her streak of gray hair in my template, but not on my plushie.  I intended to include it, but forgot to.  For this reason, it's not mentioned in the tutorial, but you could easily make it using gray felt or embroidery floss.

Materials:

*Brown felt
*White felt
*Peach felt
*Black buttons
*Black embroidery floss
*Pink embroidery floss
*Yellow embroidery floss
*Green embroidery floss
*Sewing needle
*Brown thread
*White thread
*Peach thread
*Metallic marker
*Scissors
*Stuffing

Directions:

*Print out the template given below:


*Cut two body pieces from peach felt, the two hair parts from brown felt, two copies of the pajamas from white felt, and two copies of Nancy's bandage from white felt, as shown below.


*Sew two black buttons onto one of the body pieces to make eyes.  Embroider on a mouth.

*Embroider flowers onto the pajamas.

*Sew pajamas onto the body pieces.

*Sew hair onto the body pieces.


*Sew together the two body pieces using a blanket stitch.  Leave an opening in the top of the plushie's head for stuffing.

*Stuff and sew closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment