Thursday, January 22, 2015

Zombie Valentine's Lotto Ticket


    Here's a slightly different take on the Valentine's lotto tickets I've seen floating around online.  Instead of having prizes underneath each scratch off heart so that your loved one is guaranteed to be a winner, add zombie images under some of them.  You can still think up a prize to correspond to the zombies if you would like, but don't tell your valentine about that beforehand.  Keep them in suspense as they play the zombie Valentine's lottery.

Materials:
*Zombie lotto ticket printout (either my template or your own design)
*Pink cardstock
*All purpose adhesive
*Acrylic paint
*Liquid soap
*Pencil
*Paintbrush
*Scissors

Directions:
*Print out zombie lotto ticket, either my design (pictured below) or make your own design.


*Glue template onto pink cardstock.
*Write/draw/paste in your zombies and prizes.  I used photos of my sister Katie, Brian, and me dressed up as zombies (as well as a photo of zombie gingerbread) for the zombie hearts.  You can use whatever ratio of zombies to hearts you would like.  Since I'm rather cruel, I stacked the odds against Brian, adding five zombies and four prizes:


*Take a strip of contact paper and trace nine hearts onto the back.
*Mix one part liquid soap with two parts acrylic paint.
*Paint the soap/paint mixture across the contact paper.  Set aside to dry,  Add a second coat if necessary.  (Full disclosure: I didn't have any contact paper, so I used packing tape instead.  I stuck each end of the tape to the bottom of a drinking glass and then painted it.  Once the paint was dry, I traced hearts onto the paint using a black permanent marker, ending up with the situation pictured below.  It worked, but it was a lot more challenging than I imagine using contact paper would be.)


*Once dry, cut out the hearts and stick them over the text/image hearts.  Now you're ready to pass it off to a loved one to play.

Unfortunately for Brian, he ended up with a zombie.  Somehow he survived the encounter and I told him he could scratch off until he won a prize.  After a second close encounter with the zombie kind, he finally won a kiss.


No comments:

Post a Comment