Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Rug that Rules


I was looking through a craft book a little while ago when I came across an outdoor rug made from wooden slats.  The wooden slats reminded me of rulers and, being the math geek that I am, I decided that it would be cool to make a rug out of rulers.

Materials:
*12 rulers (or more if you would like a wider rug)
*Ribbon
*All purpose adhesive

Directions:
*Arrange your rulers as you wish.
*Loop ribbon through the holes in the tops of the rulers.  Knot the ends of the ribbon so the rulers cannot slip off.
*Carefully flip over the rug and two glue lengths of ribbons across the rulers, one toward the top of the rulers and one toward the bottom.  This will help to stabilize your rug so that your rulers will stay in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment