Thursday, August 23, 2012

Experimenting with Scrapbooking Techniques and Contest Reminder

     I have been scrapbooking since I was about sixteen.  Over the years I have tried to improve upon my scrapbooking and to add more techniques to my scrapbooking repertoire.  Here are some of my latest attempts.  Let me know what you think at hathaway.amber@gmail.com.

Patterned Paper Scraps
 
 
 
     I love using patterned paper in my scrapbooking, but sometimes using a sheet of patterned paper just looks too busy.  In this Thanksgiving scrapbooking layout I tried using a few strips of patterned paper rather than an entire sheet.  I also used an old favorite cropping technique on one of the pages, imitating a photo booth photo strip.
 
 
Plain Paper
 
 
 
 
     I have come to rely very heavily on patterned paper and stickers in my scrapbooking.  In this layout I used two lavendar sheets of cardstock for my background paper and created all of my embellishments and frames from cardstock.
 
Creative Lettering and Holographic Paper
 
 
     One thing that I still have a lot of difficulty with is lettering.  I usually wait until the end and then try to throw letters onto the page in some way that does not look entirely hideous.  Rockland is a coastal Maine town and it has rock in the name, so for this page I thought it might be cute to take some images of rocks that I had on my computer and place letters over the rocks, which I did using Paint.  Also, I love holographic paper, but I never thought I could really find a way to use it in my scrapbooking.  Here's my first attempt with that.
 
Contest Reminder!
 
     Just a reminder that I will be doing a special 1 year anniversary blog post on August 25th, which will include the winner of the lovely prize package pictured below.  If you have not yet entered the contest, you still have today, tomorrow, and Saturday morning to enter.  All you need to do to enter the contest is send me (my email is hathaway.amber@gmail.com) your name, your address (so I can send you the prize package), and tell me which of my blog posts you liked best, found most inspiring, or whatever else.  It's okay if you have more than one you want to write about :).  I will number the entries according to when they reach me and then use a random number generator to select a winner.  This contest is open to anyone in the United States. 
 
     This prize package features a scarf knit by my mom, Julia Hathaway, a pair of candy earrings handmade by me, and a fuse bead bowl I made.


No comments:

Post a Comment