Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Fire Nail Art

Want nails that are lit?  Why not try this fiery nail art?

Materials:

*Nail polish base coat
*Nail polish base color (I went with a multichrome blue)
*Red acrylic paint
*Orange acrylic paint
*Yellow acrylic paint
*Nail polish top coat
*Ultra fine nail art brush

Directions:

*Apply nail polish base coat.  Let dry.

*Apply nail polish base color.  Let dry.

*Add a bit of orange acrylic paint to red acrylic paint to create a red orange color, and paint flame shapes on your nails.  I started by drawing some wiggly lines for the peaks of the flames, and then filled in the bottom of the nail with some more paint.

*Next, take some orange paint, and use it to add definition to your flames.

*Add some orange to a bit of yellow paint to create a yellow orange color.  Use this paint to add further layering and detail to your flames.

*The last thing I did was I used a teeny amount of the red-orange paint and brushed it along the nails in a few places to add some more flames.

In case you were wondering, here's how my right hand (which I had to paint with my non-dominant hand) turned out:

I didn't go for as much detail on this one because I have a harder time with fine motor coordination with my left hand, but I still think they turned out all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment