Monday, October 12, 2020

DIY Misdreavus (Pokemon) Necklace: Pokemonbounding Ep 6


     It's October, which means spooky season is in full swing.  For this month's Pokemonbounding project, I thought it would be fitting to go with a ghost type Pokemon and opted for one of my favorites: Misdreavus.  I've also done looks for the ghost type Pokemon Gastly, as well as Meowth, Magikarp, Vaporeon, and a Pikachu Fan Trainer Costume, so if you're looking for Halloween costume inspiration and love Pokemon, be sure to check these posts out.
     This is a great last minute costume idea, especially if you already have some wooden beads on hand, or a pink costume jewelry necklace.  I have both a video tutorial and a written tutorial for the necklace in this look.  I've included the video tutorial below, and keep reading for the written tutorial, as well as some more pictures of the completed look.


Misdreavus Necklace

Materials:

*One 20 mm wooden bead
*About twenty 16 mm wooden beads (you may need more or fewer, depending on the neck size of the person you're making it for and how tight the person would like it to be)
*Pink acrylic paint (if your beads aren't already pink)
*Paintbrush (if your beads aren't already pink)
*Elastic cording
*Scissors
*Clear nail polish (optional)

Directions:

*If your beads are not already pink, paint them pink.  Let dry.

*Cut off a length of elastic.  I like having plenty of extra elastic at the ends for tying, so I cut off a segment that was large enough to wrap around my head and then some, but the amount you cut off will depend on how tight you want the necklace to be and how comfortable you are tying elastic.

*Slide your largest wooden bead onto the center of the elastic.

*Add about 10 smaller wooden beads on either side.  You could also use a few different smaller sizes to get a more tapered look, closer to the "necklace" Misdreavus has, but that will require more beads.

*Knot the ends of the elastic together.  If the elastic you're using is slippery, to keep the knot from coming undone, you can cover the knot with a little clear nail polish.

Putting the Look Together

Materials/items:

*Misdreavus necklace (see above)
*Navy blue clothes
*Colorista Hair Makeup in raspberry, or other pink temporary hair color
*Navy blue eyeshadow
*Pink lipstick

Tips:

*For the strongest Misdreavus vibes, pick flowy navy blue clothes, if possible, since Misdreavus is a ghost type Pokemon.  A flowy navy blue dress or maxi romper could be an excellent choice.

*If you want to dye the tips of your hair for this look, make sure to pick a dye suitable for your hair color.  I personally like the Colorista Hair Makeup for brown or black hair because it shows up vibrantly in my hair.  However, if you have really light hair, make sure to get hair color for blonde hair, as the temporary colors for dark hair may stain your hair.

*If you're a dark blonde (the tips of my hair could be considered dark blonde, so that's the color I'm talking about here), the hair colors made specifically for blonde hair may not show up well one you since they're usually designed more for platinum blonde hair.  You probably can get away with using the temporary colors for dark hair.  However, I'd recommend testing it on a few strands on the under layer of your hair where it's not very visible to make sure it washes out before you go ahead and color your tips.

Misdreavus Look





     That's it for my Misdreavus look.  I'm not sure which Pokemon I want to bound as next, but I'm thinking maybe an ice type here soon, since we're moving into winter.  (Maybe I'll save that one for December, though).  If you have any Pokemon you'd like to see me bound as, feel free to suggest one.
     Happy spooky season, everyone!  I hope you have a safe and fun October.  Stay tuned for more Halloween fun, and more Pokemon projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment