Monday, August 17, 2020

Easy DIY Magikarp Look: Pokemonbounding Episode 4


     I wasn't planning on making a Magikarp look for my fourth Pokemonbounding video (I have a few others, including Vaporeon, in the works), but when Niantic announced that August's Community Day Pokemon was Magikarp, I couldn't resist throwing together a look.  This one was much simpler than some of my previous Pokemon themed outfits, which is great if you're looking for a relatively easy and inexpensive costume or bounding idea.  You'll need some orange clothes and a yellow crown.  I've included a video tutorial of the construction process below, and keep scrolling for some more pictures and a brief discussion of Magikarp Community Day.


Magikarp Community Day




     I love Magikarp, but it was a little awkward trying to take photos with a fish Pokemon that constantly looks like it's on death's doorstep.  We even put Magikarp in a pond, but to no avail.  So for my next set of photos, I decided to go with a concept I'd been thinking about for a while: saving Magikarp.



     One of my favorite things about Community Day is the AR photo bombs.  You only get five chances, though, which makes securing a good photo a little stressful.  Luckily, I got the picture at the top of this post on my third try.  The "saving Magikarp" photo bombs came out okay, but I wish I'd had a few more chances to get the perfect picture.


     Here's a picture where you can pretty clearly see me throwing water onto Magikarp.  It was a little tricky timing my water throwing to Brian's picture capturing, but luckily there was no limit to how many general AR pictures we could take.
     All in all, Magikarp Community Day went pretty well for me.  I already had three shiny Magikarp going into the event, so it was a fairly low stress Community Day, shiny-wise.  I did manage to nab another dozen shinies, though, including one with really good IVs.  I accidentally evolved a really bad IV Magikarp, so I spent a good chunk of the day catching as many Magikarp as I could find to try to refill my candy resources.  But I still got to evolve two Gyarados, including my high IV shiny, so that was cool.
     I'm still rooting for a Meowth Community Day.  I really want shiny Meowth, and I would have so much fun with the photo bombs.  What Pokemon would you most like to see a Community Day for?

No comments:

Post a Comment