Thursday, September 3, 2020

Introducing the Halloween 2020 Zine!


     I know I haven't said much on my blog recently about current events, and you may be wondering why I'm posting my typical Halloween content as if there's nothing unusual going on.  Part of this is because I don't want to bog you down in dreary thoughts when you're here.  Halloween is a place of joy for me, and I want this blog to be a reprieve from all the COVID news that we are constantly bombarded with.  It's important for us to be aware of what's going on, of course, but we also need spaces where we can breathe and forget about our troubles, if only temporarily.
     But the fact of the matter is that Halloween is going to be different this year.  A lot of the festivities that we hold dear this season, from parties to trick or treating to corn mazes are going to look different, if they exist at all.  I still want my blog to be a refuge for you, but I also want to make sure that it is relevant and meeting your needs.  For this reason, I have put together a 'zine filled with Halloween activities, crafts, costume ideas, and so much more, all of which are relevant for our current situation.
     Here's the link to the zine.  If you have trouble accessing the link, email me at hathaway.amber@gmail.com and I'll send you a PDF copy.  For optimal viewing (so it feels most like a printed magazine), choose a two page layout with cover in your PDF reader's settings.  Feel free to print it if you'd like for your own personal use.  Let me know if you like the 'zine, if you'd like to see more issues in the future, or if you have any suggestions for future improvement.
     I'm also hoping to dedicate some posts on here to things like how to put together a Halloween costume from your closet, so if you can't get out to the stores, you can still celebrate in style.  If there is anything in particular you'd like to see, let me know and I'll do the best I can to incorporate it into my Halloween schedule.
     As some of you may know, I have a recipe blog in which I document some of the meals Brian and I come up with.  I have plans for some spooky/fall recipes, and a lot of the recipes that are already up are good for when the weather turns cooler, like savory corn chowder or the Hathaway family classic, taco soup.  All of the recipes are vegetarian, and each recipe has an IC rating to let those of you with IC (interstitial cystitis) know how safe the ingredients in the recipe are.  I also offer ingredient substitutions when possible, and most of the two star recipes can be made completely bladder friendly with the suggested substitutions.  I don't currently have any other dietary tags, but if there are others you think would be useful, let me know, and I'll see if I can incorporate them.
     I hope this Halloween season is one of fun, joy, and good health for you and your family.

Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment