Thursday, August 29, 2019

80s Bow Earrings


     These earrings are cute and relatively straightforward to make.  Although I made them for a specific 80s costume, they could be great for many costumes as well as for everyday wear.  Also, even if you don't want to make these particular earrings, if you've ever wanted to find an easy way to make mini bows, check out the video I've linked to under directions.


Materials:

*Oversized plastic hoop earrings
*Ribbon
*Scissors
*All purpose adhesive
*Fork (yes, the kind you keep in your utensils drawer)

Directions:

*To begin, you're going to want to make a couple of fork bows, which are bows you construct by wrapping ribbon around the prongs of a fork.  Rather than try to explain the process verbally, I've included the fork bow tutorial video that I followed when making my bows.


*Once you've made your bows, glue the bows to the earrings using an adhesive that works on plastic.

Stay tuned for next week's post to see what costume I used these earrings for.

No comments:

Post a Comment