Thursday, April 18, 2019

Horror Pocket Pals: Freddy Krueger


     I forgot to do a Horror Pocket Pals post last month, but fear not.  I still have several more horror plushies in store for you.  Not familiar with my Horror Pocket Pals series?  Check out this post for my Michael Myers plushie and this post for the box I made for him.
     This month's pal is Freddy Krueger.  A Nightmare on Elm Street was one of my favorite movies growing up, so it seemed fitting to make a Freddy Krueger plushie.
     If horror villains aren't really your thing, I'll be featuring some horror protagonists as well starting in May (assuming I remember).  I'm still trying to decide between two of my favorite heroines, but I definitely plan to spotlight one of the two next month, so stay tuned!

Materials:

*Red felt
*Peach felt
*Brown felt
*Black felt
*Olive green felt
*Gray felt
*Thread in corresponding colors
*Stuffing
*Black buttons

Directions:

*Print out a copy of the template given below.



*Cut out two copies of the body template from peach felt and one from red felt, two copies of the shirt from red felt, stripes for the shirt from olive green felt, two copies of the pants from black felt, two copies of the shoes from black felt, two copies of the hat from brown felt, two copies of the glove from brown felt, and the finger knives from black felt.


*Sew on a face using black thread and buttons.

*Sew the stripes on using the green felt.

*Sew the head part of the red body piece behind the face.


*Sew the clothes onto the body pieces.

*Sew the two body pieces together using a blanket stitch, leaving an opening for stuffing.

*Stuff and see closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment