Thursday, January 10, 2019

Horror Pocket Pals Michael Myers Plushie


     I'm really excited to present my latest craft series, a set of horror themed plushies which I call Horror Pocket Pals.  The idea for this series came to me when my sister Katie told me Jacob, her boyfriend, would love something handmade and horror related for Christmas.  Jacob's favorite horror movie is Halloween, so I thought it might be fun to make him a Michael Myers plushie.  The plushie turned out pretty well, so I figured I'd try making some of my favorite horror characters too.  That's how the Horror Pocket Pals came to be.
     I plan to post one Horror Pocket Pals post a month.  Currently I have about four posts worth of material, but I have some other ideas in the works, so we'll see how it goes.

Materials:

*Brown felt
*Gray-blue felt
*White felt
*Peach felt
*Black felt
*Gray felt
*Black thread (or another color or colors of your choice)
*Scissors
*Black buttons
*Stuffing
*All purpose adhesive (optional)

Directions:

*Print out the template below.  You will probably want an t least two copies of the template to make cutting out the the felt pieces easier.


*Cut out two body pieces from peach felt, one mask from the white felt, two suits from the gray-blue felt,  two of each shoe (for four shoes total) from black felt, two knife handles from brown felt, and one knife from gray felt.  For the hair, you'll want to cut out one in the hair shape indicated and another (for the back of the head) with the back part filled in (see picture below).  (I forgot to take a picture of the pieces before I sewed a face onto the mask and did the embroidery on the suit.  Don't worry about those until later steps.)


*Sew a face onto the white mask.

*Using a backstitch or running stitch, embroider on the collar and closure Michael's outfit (see above).

*Arrange felt pieces as shown below and then sew down.  You may want to put down a few drops of glue first to hold the pieces in place while you're sewing.


*Place the two felt pieces wrong sides together and sew using the blanket stitch.  Leave an opening in the head to add stuffing.

*Stuff and sew closed.


*Sew the knife handle pieces to the knife using a blanket stitch.

*Sew the knife to Michael's hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment