Thursday, January 3, 2019

Easy Shimmery Star Confetti Earrings


     I made these earrings on the spur of the moment when I realized I didn't have any sufficiently sparkly earrings for my New Year's Eve outfit.  They took me probably about ten minutes to make, and that was with me exercising some caution because my nails were still wet.  If you do some jewelry making, you probably already have most of the supplies on hand, but if not, try finding some friends who would enjoy making these earrings and go in on the craft together to reduce the cost to individuals.

Materials:

*Ear wires
*Jump rings
*Jewelry chain
*Star shaped confetti
*Sewing needle
*Jewelry pliers

Directions:

*Pick out the confetti pieces that you would like to use for your earrings.  If the confetti pieces do not already have holes in them, use the needle to poke a hole in each confetti piece so that you'll be able to attach them to the earrings.

*Using pliers, open the loop at the bottom of one of the ear wires and slide on a piece of confetti and a length of chain.  I wasn't sure how long I wanted the earrings to be, so I attached the whole chain and trimmed it down once I was almost done with the earring.

*Use jump rings to attach stars at intervals of your choosing along the wire.

*Once you've figured out where you want your earrings to end, if you haven't done so already, use the pliers to open the chain link below the final link you want included and remove excess chain.

*Add your final confetti piece and then repeat the relevant steps above to complete your second earring.

No comments:

Post a Comment