Thursday, July 26, 2018

DIY Zombie Pin Up Girl Throw Pillows


     We interrupt your regularly scheduled Goosebumps crafting to bring you the following post:
     You may be wondering, "Why zombie pin up girl throw pillows?"  Here's how this craft came to be.  Brian was at Joann the other day picking up some crafting supplies for me.  I had asked him to keep an eye out for spooky fabric.  He called me and told me that there was this fabric with zombie women on it.  I'm all about zombies, so I asked him to get me some.
     I wasn't sure what the fabric would look like, but I certainly wasn't expecting zombie pin up girls.  The fabric looked cool nonetheless, but I didn't really know what to do with it. I'm not sure how the idea came to me, but somehow I thought of making throw pillows.  This tutorial will work for any kind of throw pillows, so if zombie pin up girls aren't your thing, grab the fabric of your choice and get sewing!

Here are the other sides of the two pillows:




Materials:

*Beauty with Brains fabric by Alexander Henry (or fabric of your choice)
*Needle and thread or sewing machine
*Metallic marker
*Sheet of paper cut to the size you would like your pillow to be
*Scissors
*Stuffing

Directions:

*Select which part of the fabric you would like to have appear on the front of your pillow and place the sheet of paper over it.

*Trace around the sheet of paper and cut out.

*Choose which part of the fabric you would like to use for the back of your pillow and repeat the first two steps.

*Place fabrics together printed side in, with the zombies oriented in the same direction.

*Sew fabric pieces together, leaving about an inch along one side unsewn.

*Turn fabric right side in by pulling through the inch long hole.

*Stuff until the pillow reaches the desired fullness.

*Sew closed using the ladder stitch.  If you're not familiar with the ladder stitch (I just learned about it), here's the YouTube tutorial I used to learn it:


If you've been waiting for more Goosebumps crafts, fear not, for they will be back here next week.  I wanted to post this craft before the Beauty with Brains fabric sold out of crafting stores, but I have two awesome Goosebumps crafts slated for next week and the week after.

No comments:

Post a Comment