Wednesday, July 11, 2018

DIY Pikachu Fan Ears


     I know last week I said I would give you a post about writing your own Choose Your Own Adventure story, but then Pokemon GO introduced the Pikachu Fan trainer costume and I couldn't resist making my own Pikachu ears.  With GO Fest Chicago right around the corner, I figured some people might be interested in making these to wear to the event.  The Choose Your Own Adventure story writing tips are still in the works and I will likely post them next week, so stay tuned for that.
     Pokemon GO just released a Pikachu Fan costume in honor of the game's two year anniversary.  The costume is adorable.  I still don't have the gold Pikachu Fan medal, so I couldn't get the whole costume, but here's my avatar wearing the ears, shoes, and shorts:


     I thought the ears were super cute and decided to make a set of my own.  I may try to make a variant on the whole Pikachu Fan trainer costume, but I have a busy summer ahead, so we'll see.  For now, here's how you can make some Pikachu ears of your own, whether you want them to wear out and about or for a Pikachu Halloween costume or cosplay.


Materials:

*Yellow felt
*Black felt
*Black thread
*Needle
*Brown or black headband
*All purpose adhesive
*Metallic marker
*Stuffing

Directions:

*Print out a copy of the Pikachu ear template below:


*Cut out the ear shape and trace four copies of it onto the yellow felt, two traced with the template right side up and two with it facing down.

*Cut the ear shape in two along the diagonal line and trace two copies of the resulting semi-triangular shape onto the black felt, one right side up and the other facing down.

*Sew the black ear pieces to the yellow ear pieces like this:


*Take two of the ear pieces and place them together, right side in.  Sew their edges together, leaving about an inch at the bottom unseen.


*Turn the ear right side in and stuff.


*Glue the ear to the headband.

*Repeat with the other ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment