Thursday, October 27, 2016

Halloween Photo Booth Props


     The time has come for me to post my final Halloween post of the year.  Right now things feel bittersweet.  Halloween's not over yet, but I feel it rapidly drawing to a close.  The stores have slimmed down their Halloween picks to a couple of clearance aisles plus some candy.  The "Halloween Shop" at Target is illuminated by Christmas lights and all of my favorite props have long since vanished, not only from the shelves, but from the online inventory as well.  I've done a little bit of Halloween crafting this week, playing with pendant ideas for my witch costume, but I know that my time for Halloween crafting this season is limited and I won't be able to do much more than touch up existing props that are starting to age.
     But it's not over, not yet.  Yesterday was like a mini Christmas when my new spiderweb leggings, witchy top, and bat pajamas arrived in the mail, along with Brian's surprise for me: a fog machine.  I can't wait to set it up in my little Halloween cemetery on  Monday.  I'm also pumped to have an actual witch costume, instead of just throwing my hat and cape over regular clothes like I usually do.  This weekend I'll set aside time to watch a horror movie or two and prepare some Halloween treats.  I've started a list of the crafts/decorations I want to add to my Halloween setup next year.  There's still time to squeeze in a little more Halloween fun.
     Planning a Halloween celebration of your own this weekend?  Add some whimsy to your Halloween soiree with these fun photo booth props.  Here are some pics of the props in action from my party.  As you can see, for the photo booth itself I draped some black and purple streamers over the entryway between the living room area and the "foyer" and then added my Halloween plushie garland at the top.


Katie and Jacob with photo booth props.


Brian and me with props.


You may recognize this pic from my Halloween Party 2016 post.  I couldn't resist the chance to share it again.  Plus, it was the only picture I had of someone using the knife prop.

Materials:
*Cardstock in orange, black, white, and crimson
*Glitter cardstock in silver and red
*Thin dowels
*Paint in color(s) of your choice
*Paintbrush
*Duct tape
*Scissors
*All purpose adhesive
*X-acto knife

Directions:
*Size the below template to your desired size and print out.


*Cut out the various pieces of the template, using an X-acto knife for the jack o'lantern faces, the inside of the lips, and perhaps the lens area of the bat glasses.
*To make the pumpkin glasses, trace the pumpkin glasses template onto orange cardstock and cut out.
*To make the bat glasses, trace the bat glasses onto black cardstock and cut out.
*To make the vampire lips, trace the filled in lips shape onto black cardstock, the parted lips onto the red glitter paper, and the teeth onto white cardstock.  Cut out each of these pieces.  Glue the teeth behind the red lips, but such that the pointed part pokes down over the bottom lip and then glue the teeth-lips to the black cardstock cutout.
*To make the knife, trace the knife piece with the partial blade onto the glittery silver paper, the handle onto black cardstock, and the blood drip onto crimson cardstock.  Cut out each of these pieces.  Glue the handle over the handle part of the silver cutout and attach the blood drip to the end of the blade part.
*Cut dowels to size if they are not already the appropriate size.  Mine I cut to about a foot in length.
*Paint dowels in the color of your choice.  Set aside to dry.
*Once dry, tape dowels to the back of the props using duct tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment