Friday, May 4, 2012

Sharpie Tie Dye


Here's a craft my friend Lauren directed me to.  I'm including a link to the original post that I worked from in addition to my own, slightly modified directions.

Materials:
*White or light colored shirt
*Sharpies in various colors (I used red, yellow, green, blue, and purple)
*Isoprophyl alcohol
*Medicine dropper
*Plastic cup

Directions:
*Select a section of your shirt and color in an area about the size of a quarter.  I just made basically a color wheel each time
*Hold the colored in section of the shirt over the plastic cup
*Drip about 10 drops of isoprophyl alcohol onto the colored in section
*Repeat the previous steps in different locations on the shirt until you are satisfied with your design
*Heat set the shirt either by ironing or by tossing in the dryer

1 comment: