Wednesday, July 21, 2021

Pop Star Pikachu Bow (Pokemonbounding Ep 9)


Pokemon GO Fest 2021 was music themed.  For ticket holders, you got to choose whether you wanted an encounter with pop star Pikachu or rock star Pikachu.  I of course had to go with pop star Pikachu because she's absolutely adorable, and I decided to make a bow like hers for my Pikachu ears so I could match her.  I also ended up making a mini bow for my Pikachu plushie.  Keep scrolling for more pictures, as well as instructions on how to make a bow of your own.

Pop Star Pikachu Pictures

When I completed the GO Fest special research, I received two photo bomb encounters with the musical squad I selected during the course of the research.  Aren't they just adorable?

I had to snag some pics with Meloetta, the star of the show.

I also had to include a picture with pop star Pikachu herself.  If I had more time and money, I would love to do a full pop star Pikachu cosplay, but for now, the bow will have to suffice.

Lastly, here's a picture of my Pikachu plushie with the matching bow I threw together for her last minute.  If you'd like to make a Pikachu plushie of your own, here's how I made mine.

DIY Pop Star Pikachu Bow

Materials:

*1" wide pink satin ribbon
*Thin ribbons in dark pink, white, and purple
*Packing tape
*Large pink circular or oval-shaped rhinestone
*Sewing needle and pink thread
*Scissors
*All purpose adhesive
*Elastic
*Pikachu ears to attach the bow to

Directions:

*Construct a bow following the directions outlined in this post.  That post calls for a thin ribbon, but I took a small length of the pink satin ribbon and folded it in half to create a thin ribbon to wrap around the center.

*Glue the rhinestone to the center of the bow.

*Pikachu's bow has a strip of ribbon hanging from the side.  To keep the ribbon from flailing around while I was wearing the bow, I took lengths of the pink, white, and purple ribbon and lined them up side-by-side on a piece of clear packing tape.

*Cover the ribbon with a piece of clear packing tape on top to essentially laminate the ribbons together.

*Trim the ends and cut off excess packing tape.

*Sew the strip of ribbon onto the back of the bow.  You'll want the ribbon at an angle so that it won't be in your face when you wear the bow.  I just kind of winged it here, which is why the sewing does not look particularly nice.

*Sew on some elastic so that you can attach the bow to your Pikachu ears.

*Cut off any bit of ribbon that pokes out over the top of the bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment