Thursday, August 9, 2018

DIY Goosebumps "Monster Blood" (aka Slime)


     If you're familiar with the Goosebumps series, you've probably heard of monster blood.  This green substance has caused much havoc throughout the four books it was featured in, as well as the TV series.  While it may not be possible (or desirable) to create real monster blood, you can make slime, which looks like monster blood.  If you're throwing a Goosebumps themed party, vials of monster blood could be a great party favor.  Additionally, particularly if your partygoers are at an age where they're fascinated with all things slimy, you could make monster blood as a party activity.

Materials:

*A bottle of school glue
*Borax
*Green food coloring
*Yellow food coloring
*Water

Directions:

*Basically I just followed the procedure outlined on this site.  I'm not nearly as adorable as the little girl who narrates the video is, so I'll let her explain how it's done.

*The key thing about monster blood as opposed to generic slime is the color.  To achieve the almost neon green color I did, you'll want to add your food coloring a little at a time and adjust as you go.  Unfortunately I didn't write down how many drops I used in total, but I don't think it was that much.

*If you have empty spice jars kicking around, they make great containers for monster blood.  Just peel off the label and paint the cap and you're good to go.

*I made the label for these containers using the technique outlined in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment