Sunday, April 8, 2018

DIY Blood Splattered Nails


     Celebrate Friday the 13th with these blood splattered nails.  To be honest, I had completely forgotten about Friday the 13th until Brian mentioned it.  I saw splatter paint nails online and realized I could use the same technique for blood splattered nails because of course that's where my mind went.  It was only after I had painted my nails that Brian mentioned Friday the 13th, so I would have had blood splattered nails in the middle of April anyway, but if you need an excuse to join me, now you have one.

Materials:

*Base coat
*Top coat
*White nail polish
*Crimson nail polish
*Thin straw or coffee stirrer
*Nail polish remover or clean up pen

Directions:

*Paint nails with the base coat.  Let dry.

*Paint nails with white (or other light colored) nail polish.  Let dry.

*Dip the end of the straw into the crimson nail polish.  Over a well covered work space, blow the nail polish onto your nails one at a time.  Repeat until each nail is sufficiently bloody looking.  Let dry.

*Seal with a top coat.  Let dry.

*You will probably have a ton of excess nail polish on your hands at this point in time.  Clean up with nail polish remover and/or a nail polish clean up pen.

No comments:

Post a Comment