Tuesday, December 12, 2017

DIY "Ugly" Christmas Cat Sweater: Now with Ornaments!


     In my "ugly" Christmas cat sweater craft instructions, I mentioned that you could add mini ornaments to the cat's garland.  I finally got around to getting some for my own sweater a few hours before the physics department holiday party.  The ornaments I got came with strings rather than hooks.  I didn't want to tie the ornaments onto the sweater because permanently affixing them would make it difficult to wash the sweater, so I needed to come up with ornament hook substitutes.  What did I use?  Staples.  Read on to find out how to make mini ornament hooks from staples.

Directions:

*Separate one staple from the rest of the staples it is affixed to.

*Slide the mini ornament over one end of the staple.

*Fold the staple over, closing the mini ornament inside.

*Fold the other end of the staple down a little to create a hook that you can use to hang up the ornament.  Now your ornament is ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment