Thursday, October 5, 2017

Haunted House Sign


     Any house can be a haunted manor this Halloween season.  Why "Wayton" Manor?  The "way" is for Hathaway and "ton"is for Toner.  I don't like cutting craft foam (and if you're like me, I definitely would recommend buying foam letters instead of cutting them out by hand), so "Hathaway-Toner Manor" would have been too tedious for me.

Materials:

*Picture frame
*Foam letters
*Foam Halloween shapes (optional)
*Bronze colored paint
*Paintbrush
*Black cardstock

Directions:

*Remove the glass and cardboard backing from the picture frame.

*Paint the frame and the foam letters, as well as any Halloween shapes you'd like to include on your sign, a bronze color (I mixed black and brown paints with a gold paint to achieve the color I used).  Let dry.

*Place the black cardstock inside the photo frame, in between the frame and the glass.

*Arrange the letters and shapes on your sign as you wish and then adhere them to the cardstock.

No comments:

Post a Comment