Thursday, March 23, 2017

Mini "Magic" Wand


     Okay, so I know Halloween is still months away, but I came up with the idea for these adorable mini "magic" wands and I could not wait that long to try it.  The procedure is similar to the one I used to make my full sized prop "magic" wands.  They are the perfect size for Barbie's Halloween shindig, but could work for many other dolls as well.

Materials:
*Toothpicks
*All purpose adhesive
*Plastic crystal bead in the color of your choice
*Paint in the colors of your choice
*Paintbrush

Directions:

*Glue a plastic crystal bead to the end of a toothpick.

*Layer on all purpose adhesive to create a handle for your wand.  You could probably also use hot glue or perhaps other glues to achieve a similar effect.  I wound the glue around the part of the toothpick where I wanted the handle to be in a spiraling motion and then set it aside to dry.


*Paint the handle of the toothpick.  Let dry.


*Paint the remainder of the wand.  Let dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment