Thursday, April 7, 2016

Easy Coasters


     I have an odd affinity for coasters.  For some reason, having them around makes me feel like a real adult.  When I decorated my house for spring this year, I realized that I didn't have any coasters that matched my spring decor, so I decided to make a few.  This method is relatively quick, easy, and, if you already have access to a laminator, really inexpensive.

Materials:
*Patterned cardstock
*Thin cardboard, such as from a cereal box
*Double sided tape
*Laminator
*Drinking glass with large rim
*Pencil
*Scissors

Directions:
*Trace around the rim of the drinking glass onto the patterned cardstock and then cut out the resulting circle.
*Note: I used cardboard to make my coasters a bit more robust, but adding the cardboard to the back of the cardstock makes it a little harder to send through the laminator.  You can skip the cardboard steps and just laminate cardstock circles if you would prefer.
*Trace circles onto the cardboard as well, one circle for each coaster you intend to make.  Cut out the circles.
*Tape the cardstock circles to the cardboard ones.
*Place the circles inside the laminate, keeping plenty of distance between neighboring circles and then laminate following the instructions for your laminator.
*Cut out the laminated circles, leaving a decent amount of laminate around the edges of the circles.

No comments:

Post a Comment