Thursday, April 12, 2012

Digital Notebook Page Collage


Do you have old notebooks lying around?  Turn a page of notes into a work of art.

Materials:
*Notebook page
*Scanner
*Computer
*Paint (or similar program)
*Photos, clip art, and/or a favorite quote (optional)

Directions:
*Select a notebook page that you would like to use as the basis of your collage
*Choose a theme based on your notebook page.  I selected a page from my real analysis notebook, so it made sense for me to design a page relating ot mathematics
*Scan the notebook into the computer
*Open the notebook page in Paint (or drawing program of your choice)
*Open a new paint document and draw illustrations for your note page or import images from other programs or files into the Paint document.  I drew the stick figures in Paint and made the mathematical shapes in Mathematica, then copied them and pasted them into paint
*Select the graphics and position them on top of your note page in a manner that you find aesthetically pleasing
*When saving files made in Paint, I generally save them as bitmaps rather than jpegs because the bitmaps end up looking better, at least for me

1 comment: