Thursday, August 20, 2020

DIY Harley Quinn Jacket


     This project was a sewing first for me on several fronts: my first time sewing sleeves onto a garment, my first time sewing on knit trim, and my first time installing a zipper with a sewing machine.  The finished jacket is far from perfect, but honestly, given how inexperienced I am and how reckless I was with the whole process, I'm amazed that it turned out as well as it did.  I included materials links below, as well as a bit of a video tutorial of the construction process.  I didn't include a written tutorial this time because I was (kind of) following a pattern, so all of those instructions are available to you already.  But in the video I do mention where I diverged from the pattern, so if you're curious about the changes I made, you may want to give it a watch.

Materials:

*1 yard+ red jersey sequin fabric.  I made the size 0-2 and 1 yard was more than enough for me, but if you're making a larger size, you may need more fabric.
*1 yard+ blue jersey sequin fabric.  You may need more than 1 yard of fabric if you're making some of the larger sizes.
*Print out of the Avelia Bomber Jacket Pattern
*Rib knit trim, 2 strips in jet black
*Black 17" zipper
*Black thread
*Sewing machine

Directions:


    I only have a video tutorial for this one, but if you have questions about my process, don't hesitate to ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment