Wednesday, November 8, 2017

DIY RC Roomba for Mini Shark Cat


     I'm excited to present to you one of my favorite crafts I've made.  If you've seen my Halloween costume contest cat trophies, you've seen my original shark cat.  I liked it so much that I decided to make myself a shark cat.  When I made its Roomba, I mentioned to Brian that it would be cool if the Roomba actually moved.  He told me that we probably could make that happen and that's how shark cat came to be.  Before we get to the instructions, here's a video I made of my shark cat a an homage to the original video that inspired my craft.  I didn't have a toy duck, so I let shark cat chase around a wind up Easter chick.  I hope you enjoy!



Materials:

*Small remote control car (such as this one)
*Metal jar lid
*Silver paint
*Black paint
*Paintbrush
*Mini magnets (such as these ones)
*Screwdriver
*Cat figurine with shark costume (I give a rough sketch of how to make the costume in this post)

Directions:

*Paint the top of the jar lid silver.  Let dry.

*Add accents with black paint to make the lid look like a Roomba.  Let dry.

*With the RC car turned off, unscrew the screws attaching the top of the car to the bottom.

*Screw the screws into the screw posts on the bottom part of the car, in the opposite direction of the way in which they were screwed in originally.

*Place one magnet on top of each screw.

*Place the jar lid over the bottom of the RC car.  The magnets should hold it in place.

*Now your shark cat is ready to roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment