Friday, September 21, 2012

Stylish Storage Containers II


Need some ideas for creative storage containers?  Here are a couple new ones and if you're still looking for more ideas, see my original post last fall, Stylish Storage Containers, which contains five more ideas.

Duct Tape Oatmeal Canister

 
     I needed a container to store my duct tape in and realized that an oatmeal canister would be the perfect size. When figuring out how I wanted to decorate my container, I figured that nothing could be more appropriate for this canister than duct tape. 

Materials:
*Empty oatmeal canister
*Duct tape in various colors and patterns
*Permanent markers
*Scissors

Directions:
*Wrap five pieces of duct tape of varying colors and/or patterns around the canister.
*For the lid, cut out a little rectangle of duct tape.  Place it on the lid so that the bottom corners of the tape are touching the edge of the lid.
*Cut out another rectangle of duct tape and place it so that one corner touches the lid in the same spot as one of the corners of the first piece of duct tape and the other corner touches another part of the lid.
*Repeat the procedure until the entire lid has been covered.
*Add a piece of patterned duct tape or some other adornment to the center of the canister to cover up any gaps in duct tape.
*Use a permanent marker to conceal gaps in the duct tape around the edge of the lid.



Geometric Holographic Pen Bucket
 

     I've always been fond of holographic paper.  These days it reminds me of the Give Yourself Goosebumps books that I adored when I was a child.  When I found holographic paper at my local JoAnn Fabrics store, I knew that I wanted to incorporate it into my crafting.  Here's my second craft project using holographic paper:

Materials:
*Empty, clean ice cream container
*Five sheets of 8 1/2 x 11 self-adhesive holographic paper in varying colors and patterns
*Scissors

Directions:
*Cut three strips from each paper about 8 1/2" in length and 1" wide.
*Cut these strips into triangles.
*Adhere the triangles to the container in a pattern you find pleasing.

No comments:

Post a Comment