Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fun Fractal Origami Paper


Brian created a program to generate the Mandelbrot fractal and I saw so many cool images that I couldn't help but want to use them in my crafts.  I ended up using the images to make origami paper.

Materials:
*Printer paper
*Fractal image
*Printer
*Scissors

Directions:
*Select a fractal image.  You can choose one of the ones I've shared below if you would like, or you can choose one of your own. 
*Print the fractal image onto a sheet of ordinary thickness printer paper.
*If you would like double sided origami paper, print a block of color on the other side.
*If the paper begins to wrinkle, place it underneath a heavy book for a little while to flatten it back out.
*Cut out the square containing the fractal image.  Now you have your own patterned origami paper.

Here are a few origami creatures I made using my fractal origami paper.  I found the directions for the butterfly here and the swan here.  The site I got these instructions from has instructions for all kinds of cool origami creations.


Here are some cool fractal pictures to use for your origami paper:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment