Thursday, July 30, 2020

DIY Harley Quinn Top


     Halloween season is in full swing over here on Amber's Craft a Week Blog.  This year I decided that for one of my costumes, I wanted to dress up as Harley Quinn, and rather than buy a premade costume, I decided to make my own.  In today's post, I'll show you how I made the top.  I'm including both a video and written tutorial for this post.  I also talk a bit about my inspiration for this costume in the video, so if you want a better idea of which iteration of Harley Quinn I'm imitating, check it out.  It's just over two and a half minutes, so a relatively quick watch.  For a written tutorial, keep scrolling.


Materials:

*Black strapless bra or black top
*Red jersey sequined fabric
*Blue jersey sequined fabric
*All purpose adhesive or fabric adhesive
*Metallic marker or fabric pen (for tracing)

Directions:

*Print out the diamond shaped template given below.  Depending on the size of your top, you may have to play around with the size of the template a bit to get it to work for you.


*Trace and cut one diamond shape from the blue fabric and one diamond shape from the red fabric.

*Glue the diamond shapes to the cups of the bra or top.

No comments:

Post a Comment