Thursday, April 2, 2020

Dandelion Puff Nail Art


     Make a wish with these adorable dandelion puff nails.


     I generally don't show pictures of my "other hand" (as Simply Nailogical would call it) because I'm very dominantly right handed, so the nail art I do with my left hand usually doesn't come out as nice looking.  However, I'm really pleased with how the dandelion puff came out on my right hand.  It's a bit of a different from the left hand stylistically, a little messier, but I like it.

Materials:

*Sky blue nail polish
*Black acrylic paint
*White acrylic paint
*Ultra fine nail art brush
*Medium dotting tool
*Black nail gem
*Clear nail polish base coat/top coat

Directions:

*Paint on a clear base coat.  Let dry.

*Paint each nail with a coat of sky blue nail polish.


*Dip the dotting tool into black acrylic paint and place a dot of it in the center of your ring finger nail.


*Using your nail art brush, paint a black stem attached to the black dot.


*Use white acrylic paint to draw lines emanating from your dot, like this:


*Add little "fringes" protruding from the ends of the white lines, like this:


*Continue adding lines with fringes.


*Add lines with fringes until you have filled in the whole dandelion head.


*Using the ultra fine nail art brush and white paint, paint a couple of dandelion seeds on your middle finger nail and one seed on your index finger nail.

*Seal nails with a clear top coat.

*Add a black nail art gem over the black dot at the center of your dandelion head.  Cover with another clear top coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment