Thursday, July 12, 2012

Melted Crayon Art


I've seen melted crayon art online before and I thought it was really cool, so I finally got around to making it.  I'm including a link to the original post I worked from in addition to my own, slightly modified directions.

Materials:
*Two 24-packs of crayons
*8 1/2 x 11 canvas
*Hot glue gun and glue
*Hair dryer
*Ribbon

Directions:
*Arrange crayons along the canvas in a color pattern you find pleasing.  You will not need to use all 48 crayons
*Using the hot glue gun, glue the crayons to the canvas, with the tips facing down.  You should end up with something like this:


*Cover your work area with newspaper to prevent melted wax from adhering to your area.  Lean the canvas against a wall
*Turn your hair dryer on high heat and aim at the middle of the crayons.  Run the heat over the crayons until they have melted to your liking.  Be careful, as some of the wax may splatter a little
*Once the crayons have melted as much as you wanted them to, let the art work sit until the wax has cooled
*Glue a piece of ribbon to the back of the canvas to serve as a hook from which you can hang the canvas

1 comment: