Wednesday, December 30, 2020

New Year's Resolution Generator

The new year is nearly upon us, which means many of us will be making resolutions.  While annual resolutions are not the most effective strategy for self-improvement, they are a tradition, so I feel like I should set at least one.  My goal is to get the novel I'm revising into the hands of beta readers (the people who read and give feedback on the story before it goes off to an editor) before the end of 2021.

This New Year's Resolution Generator probably should not be used for your actual resolutions, but it may give you a few laughs.  Fill in the blanks Mad Libs style, and you'll have a slate of goals that are probably best ignored.  

I hope 2021 brings you much happiness and success.

Materials:

*Printouts of the game
*Pencil

Directions:

*Copy the text at the end of this post into a word program or your choice.  You may want to play around with the formatting for a bit, like placing the numbers below the blanks instead of on top of them.

*Print out on two separate pages, one for the word list and one for the set of resolutions. 

*Grab a pencil or pen and fill in the blanks to generate your resolutions. 

New Year’s Resolution Generator (Word List)

1. Adjective:

2: Plural noun:

3. Drink:

4. Food:

5: Verb ending in “ing”:

6: Number:

7: Verb ending in “ing”:

8: Plural noun:

9: Verb ending in “ing”:

10: Last person you texted:

11: Name of organization:

12: Adjective:

13: Plural noun:

14: Noun:

15: Noun:

16: Adjective:

New Year’s Resolution Generator

Now that the ___1____ year is upon us, it’s time to make some ____2____. This year, I resolve to drink more ___3____ and eat less ___4____. I will also take up ____5____, which I will devote at least ____6____ hours per week to. I will spend more time ____7____ with ____8____ and less time ____9____ with ____10___. I will volunteer at ____11____ and will donate more money to ____12___ _____13___. With a little bit of hard ___14____ and ___15____, I will make 2021 my ____16___ year yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment