Thursday, September 5, 2013

Flannel Pajama Pants

Here are the pants on me

Here's what they look like on their own.  Look at how cute those monsters are!

     September is here, which means back to the grind for me.  This semester I have another full load of grad classes, I'm TA-ing Calculus I again, and I'm working on my master's thesis, so I'll be quite the busy bee.  September also means cooler temperatures, so I figured flannel pajama pants would be a practical craft and with such an adorable print, these quickly became my favorite pajama pants I own.
     For my first attempt at sewing with a pattern, I would say these pants were a success.  To make them, I used Simplicity's free pattern and step-by-step instructions, so I'll just link to them since I don't really have anything to add or change.  Their pattern and instructions are part of a four part series explaining the basics of sewing, so if you don't have much experience sewing clothes I recommend looking at parts 1-3 before getting started.  It includes information about what supplies you need to get started with sewing, a detailed explanation of pattern sizing, which can be a bit confusing because pattern sizes don't always align with department store sizes, and a brief guide discussing fabric properties to help you select the appropriate fabric for your pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment